Last Revised: June 20, 2022
- visit our Site, make enquiries, request a demo of our Services, sign up for our conferences or newsletters, or otherwise contact us (“Site Users”);
- use the Platform and Apps on behalf of a business which is Bringg’s paying customer (the “Customer”) in your capacity as an:
- authorized employee or service provider of the Customer (e.g.: dispatcher) (“Authorized Users”); and
- Customer own mobile workforce to the Services or a third-party delivery services provider (e.g: driver) (“Mobile Personnel” or “External Carrier”, respectively, and collectively, “Mobile Personnel”)
- use our Services as an end customer of the Customer (“End Customer”).
Certain data protection laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR“), typically distinguish between two main roles for parties processing Personal Data: the “Data Controller,” who determines the purposes and means of processing, and the “Data Processor,” who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
Depending on the context of the Personal Data you provide and the activities undertaken by us, Bringg may be the Data Controller or Data Processor of your Personal Data.
Bringg is the Data Controller of any Personal Data:
- submitted by or collected from the Site Users;
- submitted by Authorized Users upon the creation of the account, when they register Customer’s billing details for processing payment, and when they open a support request;
- automatically collected from Authorized Users device;
- obtained from other sources such as third party marketing, analytics and technology partners.
Bringg is the Data Processor of any Personal Data:
- submitted by a Customer concerning any of its Authorized Users and/or Mobile Personnel, or otherwise uploaded by the Authorized Users and/or the Mobile Personnel in connection with the use of our Services;
- submitted by a Customer concerning any of its End Customers or otherwise uploaded by the End Customers in connection with the use of our Services.
In such instances where we are the Data Processor, our Customer shall be deemed the Data Controller of such Personal Data and we will only process such Personal Data on our Customer’s behalf and in accordance with its instructions, subject to our Terms of Service, our Data Processing Agreement (to the extent applicable), and other commercial agreements. The Customer will be solely responsible for meeting any legal requirements applicable to Data Controllers (such as establishing a legal basis for processing and responding to Data Subject Rights requests concerning the data they control).
If you are an End Customer, you should contact the Customer directly, for any requests or queries regarding your Personal Data, including accessing, correcting or deleting your Personal Data from the Services.
What information we collect and how is it used
- Site: If you are a Site User, please see here for more information about the privacy practices in connection with the use of our Site.
- Services: If you are an Authorized User or End Customer of one of our Customers, please see here for more information about the privacy practices in connection with the use of our Services.
We do not “sell” your personal information, as such term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Where we process personal information on behalf of our Customers, we use various sub-processors. A list of our current sub-processors is available here.
In addition, we may share your personal information with different service providers that provide services to help us with our business activities (such as customer support, billing, operating the Site, opening and operating your account as well as providing ancillary services and solutions) (“Service Providers”). Specifically, the categories of recipients with whom Bringg shares personal information include:
- (i) hosting and storage services (such as Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform (GCP)); (ii) ERP system (such as Netsuite) and other billing and payment processors and vendors; (iii) CRM systems (such as Salesforce.com Inc); (iv) data and cybersecurity services; (v) web analytics and performance tools; (vi) mailing and communication systems which may record some of our conference calls with prospective customers (such as Zoom and Gong.io); (vii) marketing tools for data enrichment, lead generation, and sales automation (such as HubSpot); (viii) an HR management platform to optimize our hiring (such as Greenhouse Software, Inc).
- our business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services.
- professional advisors, as necessary, such as auditors, law firms, or accounting firms.
- regulators, courts or competent authorities, to the extent such sharing of personal information is necessary to: (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies, or if required to do so by court order, or (ii) to exercise or defend legal claims, or (iii) to enforce our terms and conditions, other applicable terms of service, or other agreements, or (iv) for other legal and security reasons and to protect our Services and business.
- our corporate affiliates in order to provide the Services
- prospective buyer, seller, new owner, or other relevant third party as necessary while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, acquisition, or sale or transfer of our assets, or in connection with bankruptcy or similar event.
- Recipients to which you have provided your consent to us sharing or transferring your personal data (e.g., where you provide us with marketing consents or opt-in to optional additional services or functionality).
If you want to receive the list of the current Service Providers who receive your Personal Data, please make your request by contacting us to email@example.com.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
These industry-standard technologies are essentially small data files placed on your computer and other devices, which store certain information on the browser or hard drive of your computer and/or your mobile telephone device (“Local Storage”).
It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most devices and browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your device’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your experience of the Site may be limited. Please note that unless you block the acceptance of cookies, the Site will utilize cookies upon your use of the Site (all unless it is required by applicable law to provide a separate consent to use such cookies, and in which case we will use such cookies only after we receive your separate consent to such use and subject to your right to withdraw such consent at any time).
Cookies and other Local Storage help Bringg personalize the Site, and to: distinguish you from other users, track clicks, and online activity to estimate usage pattern and perform other analytics;
gather information about your approximate geo-location to provide localized content;
store information about your preferences and the device or browser you are using, and thereby customize, personalize, and improve the Site; and prevent fraud and/or abuse of our Services.
To learn more about our practices concerning cookies and tracking, please see our Cookies Policy.
Additional EU, UK and Brazil data subjects Rights
California Residents Rights
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as required to provide the Site and Services and to perform the purposes for which the data was collected.
If you are our Customer, we will retain the Personal Data collected from you in accordance with the contractual terms stipulated between you and Bringg. You may instruct us to delete the Personal Data in your account following the termination of our contractual relationship, and we will make such deletion within 14 days from your request. All order information (including any Personal Data contained in such order) will be retained for a period of 90 days from the placement of each such order by an End-Customer. Following such period, the Personal Data will be hashed for anonymization and will be aggregated. Customer may at any time instruct us to apply such process on order information on a case-by-case basis, before the lapse of the 90-day period. We keep database backups for a period of 30 days.
In addition to the retention periods mentioned above, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Data for longer periods, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings, in which case this will generally be the length of the relationship plus the length of any applicable statutory limitation period under local laws.
Our Site and Services are not intended for children under the age of sixteen (16), and Bringg does not intend and does not knowingly directly collect Personal Data from children. Children must not use our Site or Services, except where their parent or guardian has provided consent. If you use our Site or Services, you represent that you are at least sixteen (16) years of age and we reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that. In the event that we become aware that you provided Personal Data in violation of the foregoing age limitation or applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented generally accepted industry standard technical, organizational and security measures, as well as internal procedures, to maintain the security and integrity of our Site, Platform and/or Apps and to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access to it.
Some of the Security measures that we employ include, without limitation: highly secure services design and implementation using state of the art encryption and architectures mechanisms, restriction of access to your Personal Information to individuals who need access to it in order to process it on Bringg’s behalf and implementation of a secure permission management and auditing system using specific and proprietary firewall and network access filtering as well as security group mechanisms.
Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will be secure in all instances. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
For more information about our security practices, please see here.
Bringg Delivery Technologies Ltd., a registered company in the state of Israel (No. 514938281) at 132 Derech Menachem Begin, 19th floor, Tel Aviv, 6701101, Israel.
Bringg, Inc., a Delaware corporation with offices at 180 N LaSalle Street, Suite 2950, Chicago, IL 60602, USA.